Welcome to Spotinst’s partner portal. Here you can find sales materials, technical documentation and additional information that would help you in the first call or meeting with a potential lead. Please feel free to share directly with potential customers.
Quick Introduction To Spotinst :
With cloud computing cost being one of the biggest financial challenges companies are facing, Spotinst is helping companies like Sony, Intel, Unilever, News Corp, Wix.com, Ticketmaster and Samsung save ~80% on their computing costs by leveraging and managing spare capacity, while maintaining high availability with SLA.
Spotinst’s Elastigroup uses advanced algorithms and historical data to predict EC2 Spot interruptions ahead of time and automatically migrate instances into different markets while ensuring high availability and application consistency.
How it works :
- Spotinst Elastigroup predicts EC2 Spot behavior, capacity trends, pricing, and interruptions rate. Whenever there’s a risk of interruption, Elastigroup acts accordingly to balance capacity up to 15 minutes ahead of time, ensuring 100% availability. This means that your application will always run on the most cost-efficient collection of instances – the best-priced and most available Spot Instances when available and falling back to on-demand when not, in addition to prioritizing any reserved instances you may already own.
- Elastigroup supports the vast majority of common applications, automatically plugging into the architecture you already use. As long as your instance isn’t a single point of failure, you can utilize Elastigroup to start saving.
- Elastigroup is tightly integrated with other AWS services including EMR, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, OpsWorks, Elastic Container Service (ECS), CloudFormation, Data Pipeline and Batch, providing you a wide variety of choices in how you launch and maintain your applications running on EC2 Spot Instances.
Deal Registration Process
- Sign Spotinst partner/agent agreement
- Register prospect information in a Google spreadsheet/salesforce. The information you need to provide is : Registration date, Company name, contact name, email address, country, current status (introduction/demo/ PoC / contract ), next step, potential deal size (can be an estimation based on EC2 spending), estimated deal closure date.
- Spotinst will review the opportunities you submit and make sure to approve or disapprove them and update you accordingly.
- Notify Spotinst Partner manager immediately on accounts that started using the Spotinst interface – “set credentials” so we can register the lead in our internal systems.
Please make sure to register the opportunities as soon as possible to eliminate any risk of losing eligibility. Please register only qualified opportunities (which you can make significant progress within the next 6 month)
Spotinst charges a % of the monthly savings it generates for its customers, there is no up-front payment or commitment. Spotinst offers a free trial of 2 weeks.
Elastigroup is designed to solve the endless Tetris game of heterogeneous compute environments, running containers. Elastigroup integrates with the most powerful container orchestration platforms such as AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS), Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker Swarm, Hashicorp Nomad, Mesosphere and more. Elastigroup finds the optimal distribution and deployment of multiple instance types into a one, single, powerful cluster as part of a container orchestration platform.
If you are using auto-scaling for your applications today, you can maintain the same behavior with Elastigroup.
Elastigroup helps you maintain your application availability and allows you to automatically scale your capacity up or down in order to meet your application’s needs.
Elastigroup Auto Scaling engine makes it even more powerful when considering the Spot market pricing and fluctuations before spinning up or down instances in the cluster.
Elastigroup integrates with the most common load balancers including AWS Classic / Application Load Balancer, Multai Load Balancer, HA Proxy and more. By connecting your Elastigroup to a Load Balancer, Elastigroup is responsible to register new instances and deregister instances that are predicted to be terminated, ensuring that the instances have a sufficient time out to draining connections so no requests or sessions will be interrupted.
Zero Downtime Deployments
Elastigroup performs rolling updates across your instances and tracks application health according to configurable rules. Deployments can easily be stopped and rolled back if there are any errors.
Keep things Simple
Platform and language agnostic and works with any application. Elastigroup gives you a detailed report allowing you to view when each application revision was deployed and to which instances.
Elastigroup integrates with Jenkins and makes it possible for CI/CD pipelines to run on the most economical cloud resources. According to predefined parameters, Elastigroup ensures that no job will be interrupted and will scale up and down instances according to your pipeline queue.
Using the Stateful service, Elastigroup can ensure data persistence and cluster H/A while running on Spot Instances. Elastigroup will simulate the spot replacement process into a “reboot”, making sure that the new instance will be launched from the same root and data volumes with the same IP address.