Help us build the next big ideas in today's cloud computing industry
About The Position
Spotinst is a dynamic, fast growing technological startup with headquarters located in Tel-Aviv and additional offices in San Francisco, New York and London. With innovative technology that is revolutionizing the cloud computing industry, and a team of highly motivated and creative employees, our vision is to optimize the way DevOps and R&D teams consume cloud computing.
The Cloud Architect at Spotinst will be responsible for researching and evaluating emerging and existing technologies in order to develop vision and strategy. Under his responsibility is innovative offering concepts, so that Spotinst is able to evaluate and make decisions on integration and use in current and new products.
- Leading the discussions and early analysis of cloud technologies
- Transition concepts from ideas to working prototypes
- Capable of producing code that will support PoC work
- Conduct extensive research into emerging and existing technologies related to above strategic initiatives
- Produce quality documentation of use cases, business and technical solutions and concepts
- Present to and solicit feedback from various engineering, development and operations teams
- Work with product teams in an advisory capacity to understand current products and roadmaps to help these teams develop innovative future offerings
- Work with existing engineering and operations teams to understand existing infrastructure and offering, and take advantage of current best practices
- Lead the development of offering proofs-of-concept and effectively transition those concepts to the lines of business for full architecture, engineering, deployment and commercialization
- Gather extensive feedback from customers as part of researching and developing proof-of-concept offerings
- At least 5 years experience in Architecture
- A deep understanding of the Cloud platforms and a passion for automation
- Knowledge / Experience with containers and container management software, for example, Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, Rancher, AWS ECS, etc.
- CI/CD Tool and pipeline implementation experience like GoCD, Travis, Gitlab-ci, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline/CodeBuild, Concourse, TeamCity, CodeShip, Spinnaker, or CircleCI
- Comfortable with a programming language like Node.js, Python, Golang or other.
- Application development tools like Version Control Systems(Git), Code Coverage, etc
- Cloud, infrastructure, systems automation and tools. Sample platforms would be AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- One or more application and/or database platforms, for example Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL, Postgresql, etc.
- Full lifecycle IT product development experience from concept to implementation with a focus on architecting solutions
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning (ML) tool or implementation or research experience
- Big data & distributed processing technologies, for example Hadoop, MongoDB, AWS Redshift, etc.
- Application and infrastructure monitoring and management platforms or technologies