Help us build the next big ideas in today’s cloud computing industry
About The Position
Hold it - this is NOT your classic DBA position.
We are looking for someone who will use his DB knowledge to help us develop our next generation DB platform!
In your position, you will be in charge of our production DB, assisting in maintaining, implementing, optimizing, replicating and monitoring the databases using modern configuration management tools and event driven architecture.
If you're looking for a role that combines your love of IT and new technology, with your problem-solving and communication skills then look no further - our DBA position is open!
Spotinst is a unique company - young, highly technological & fast-growing. Our product is pure technology and our clients are technological teams.
Funded by Intel and using cutting-edge technologies - we are aiming towards building the next big thing in the Cloud Computing market.
There are many companies out there, very few with R&D teams that operate like ours. Come and see for yourself!
- Responsible for designing a cool, new DB product in the public Cloud Eco-system.
- Responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database.
- Initially perform, and longer term provides oversight for all MySQL database administration including MySQL database design, installation, configuration, implementation, replication, backups, query optimization, index tuning, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Monitor databases for problems, diagnose those problems and ensure timely resolution.
- Work with the various Engineering groups and ensure database changes are in-line with operational standards and meet the strategies needed to scale while maintaining a scalable, reliable, and robust database environment.
- Build database tools and scripts to automate where possible.
- Support MySQL databases for production and development.
- Working closely with the company's CTO.
- 2-4 years of experience working as a DBA
- Excellent product understanding
- Complex SQL writing including index planning for table joins
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA monitoring tools (e.g. MONyog, vFoglight, Nagios, Zabbix, MMS, Cacti)
- Knowledge of a scripting language like Shell, Perl, Python
- Experience in designing and managing MySQL
- Experience with Cloud based infrastructure (AWS/Google/Azure) - Major Advantage
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- The skill to work to tight deadlines under pressure