Help us build the next big ideas in today’s cloud computing industry
Director of Engineering
About The Position
Spotinst is a unique company - young, highly technological & fast-growing.
Our product is pure technology and our clients are technological teams and therefore, our R&D team is the core of our company.
We are looking for someone to define long-term strategy and objectives of the team, lead the team to move these objectives into research and selection plans, and develop the tools, infrastructures, and processes needed to remain at the forefront of R&D innovation.
This is a highly visible role, interfacing with every business aspect as well as client interfacing experience. The ideal candidate will have a clear sense of urgency and demonstrated track record of driving innovation leading to the introduction of new technologies in the marketplace.
If you are a highly driven leader that is known to deliver in a high growth and highly dynamic environment - join us!
- Create and manage an effective process for the continual improvement of the R&D team.
- Promote a culture of innovation, accountability, and excellence inside R&D and across the company.
- Responsible for co-developing the technical strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
- 3-8 years of engineering leadership experience with a strong track record of successful development and delivery
- 2+ years in relevant Cloud/IaaS experience
- 2-3 years of experience in leading R&D / Technological teams
- Proven experience developing and driving technical strategy within a startup company
- An inquiring mind, intense curiosity, and strong desire to innovate in
the Cloud Computing field
- Receives project request, clarify and confirm objective, and develop timeline with milestones and dates of completion
- Orchestrates processes with Sales, Product, Customer Success and other relevant teams in the company
- Multitasking, stress and time management skills