Help us build the next big ideas in today’s cloud computing industry
Technical Sales Engineer - San Francisco
About The Position
Are you passionate about cloud technologies and sales? This one's for you!
Spotinst is a young fast growing company, leading SaaS cloud optimization solutions and currently looking for a technical sales engineer!
This role is for ambitious candidates who are passionate about technology, selling and looking to launch their career in technical sales. The ideal candidate has a highly technical background and history of achieving goals and exceeding deliverables. S/he is a strong analytical thinker and problem solver who thrives in fast-paced dynamic environments. S/he is a strong communicator, effective listener and project manager who is able to balance multiple and often conflicting priorities. The ability to manage a valuable prospect list is vital; candidates must be comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and negotiating via phone on both transactional and more strategic branding-based deals.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts
- Assess sales opportunities by evaluating business potential
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- SaaS orientation / familiarity
- Exposure to AWS, Azure and GCP
- Super high motivation, passion & integrity
- Creative decision-making skills and proven ability to work independently
- Exemplary communication, selling & negotiation skills
- Ability to travel on a regular basis and work long and flexible hours
- Work experience with Salesforce
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals - Advantage