Help us build the next big ideas in today's cloud computing industry
Partner Account Manager
About The Position
Do you have a passion for building the future in the Cloud Computing business within? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Spotinst with key system integrators by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions?
Do you have the business savvy, business development experience necessary to help further establish Spotinst as a leading cloud optimization platform?
As an Spotinst Partner Account Manager (PAM), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Spotinst cloud optimization platform.
Your mission will be to develop Spotinst awareness and adoption, build Spotinst competency, and drive sell-through engagements with a targeted set of Mid/Large systems integrators.
In this role, you will establish deep business and technical relationships with Spotinst’s partners through your knowledge of the customer's mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with our partners in support of customers.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. You will also work very closely with the Spotinst sales team to drive joint sales engagement to support the development of a strategic plan for the development of future opportunities and pursuits.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Recruit & Manage a targeted portfolio of system integrators, developing and advancing relationships and growing Spotinst revenue to and through these partners.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
- Understand and navigate Spotinst contracting vehicles and procedures.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the Spotinst strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic sales and business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, Marketing teams, legal, support, etc).
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the Spotinst sales teams to build relationships with integrators in your territory and foster joint pursuits.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- 4+ years of experience developing, enabling and supporting a partner community
- 4+ years of experience managing sales accounts and territories
- 4+ years of experience with technology platform sales with an understanding of IT, data centers, and cloud adoption.
- 4+ years of partner/business development, enterprise sales, and/or program/product management experience
- Self-starter and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to collaborate to solve complex business challenges.
- Experience using Salesforce (reports and CRM).
- Excellent writing skills. The ability to author original text including detailed sales forecasts and strategy planning documents.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead executive level meetings understanding the audience
- Familiarity with the system integrator marketplace
- Experience developing an indirect sales channel, growing partner competencies, and delivering sell-through revenue.
- Ability to drive strategic technology discussions at multiple levels with partners and customers.