Help us build the next big ideas in today's cloud computing industry
Director of Business Development
About The Position
Spotinst is seeking an impactful, growth-oriented, sales and business development professional with a proven track record of success in a fast-paced, high growth company to join Spotinst’s Business Development team.
You will be responsible for leading and scaling a US Business Development team, helping to develop and execute America's channel partner and business development strategy, .
For this position, you need the ability to build, grow and execute business development and channel partner sales strategy that drives an increasing amount of opportunities and revenue through creative execution. You must be able to handle hands-on capabilities, while also managing a team of Partner Account Managers and Business Development Managers, and directing their function toward the optimal output. This position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual who possesses the ability to develop strategic relationships and generate new business.
- Build and expand on existing Spotinst Channel strategy, coordinating with Partner Account Managers to enable current partner growth, and sign new partner prospects
- Consistently deliver new partner-driven revenue every quarter, exceeding sales targets
- Lead the partnership and deal-origination process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, outreach, implementation, and ongoing growth
- Represent Spotinst at industry events
- Map out partner structure and identify key decision-makers, budget owners and the decision-making process
- Enable business development across new channels, including venture capital portfolios. Manage business development manager to execute this strategy
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive revenue growth with new customers
- Minimum 7-12 years of experience in channel sales, BD or digital sales role, and at least 3 years of management experience
- Experience is preferred with SaaS products
- Demonstrated success in hitting sales goals
- Strong network of tech industry contacts, ranging from startups to established brands.
- Influential communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations, and listening.
- Flexible, startup mindset, and ability to operate within a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Is self-motivated, a team player and has a strong drive to exceed targets