Help us build the next big ideas in today's cloud computing industry
Technical Sales Engineer - New York
About The Position
Are you passionate about cloud technologies and sales? This one's for you!
Spotinst is a young fast growing company, leading SaaS cloud optimization solutions and currently looking for a technical sales engineer!
This role is for ambitious candidates who are passionate about technology, selling and looking to launch their career in technical sales. The ideal candidate has a highly technical background and history of achieving goals and exceeding deliverables. S/he is a strong analytical thinker and problem solver who thrives in fast-paced dynamic environments. S/he is a strong communicator, effective listener and project manager who is able to balance multiple and often conflicting priorities. The ability to manage a valuable prospect list is vital; candidates must be comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and negotiating via phone on both transactional and more strategic branding-based deals.
- Provide technical leadership and success in building and migrating cloud applications, software and services on the Spotinst platform
- Evangelize and educate customers/partners on the value proposition of Spotinst and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed to scale for successful deployment
- Have the ability to lead client’s integration from the design stage to full implementations.
- Familiar with modern apps such as Serverless, functions as a service and microservices.
- Work closely with Customer Success, R&d and Sales teams
- Full responsibility for pre-sale/post-sale cycle from a technical point of view as well as managing cutomer's growth.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and managing key systems in our infrastructure as well as providing the engineering team with necessary tools and guidance to be productive.
- Production engineering responsibility - central point between software engineers, and production environments
- Lead client’s integration with our platform, including design, PoC, and full implementations.
- Act as a trusted advisor for our clients by demonstrating a vast knowledge of various technologies (such as Containers, BigData, NoSQL), in order to supply solutions for our clients.
- Highly technical and analytical thinker
- Strong pre/post-sale capabilities
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Familiar with AWS (Azure and GCP services advantage)
- Familiarity with new technologies: Serverless, AWS Lambda
- Experience with monitoring and performance analysis tools
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals - Advantage